Website development and web design
- Using the best modern tools to get the job done quickly
- With 15 years experience in web design, I have used lots of different technologies
- BSc in Computing and Information Systems and computer programmer
- My education and experience means that I can use modern tools and make tweaks to the ‘back end’ to make them fit your requirements where necessary
SEO - Search engine optimization
- What’s the good of a beautiful website if nobody sees it?
- I have been practising and keeping up with search engine algorithms since 2003. Often with very good results.
- SEO for local business is usually easiest
- A modern SEO strategy usually involves social media marketing too
- Working as a Product Manager / Business Analyst taught me the importance of doing as little coding as possible
- Understanding your business needs first will allow me to find the quickest and best solution
- This can be any mixture of existing and custom software and other business processes
- Do you have a larger project that you would like to scope? I have helped customers in the past to streamline their documentation or business processes sometimes making new software unnecessary or much more minimal than they had envisaged.
WordPress Website Hosting
- Free ‘state of the art’ junk mail filtering
- Free SSL Certificate
- Security updates done as frequently as necessary
- Major updates every 6 months
- 20+ years experience in software development – desktop and web applications.
- I prefer to use the Microsoft technology stack for major projects. It is robust, well documented and supported.
- Will consider PHP for smaller applications.
On-Site IT Support and Training in Surfers Paradise and surrounds
- BSc Computing and Information Systems
- 25 years experience fixing all kinds of computer, tablet and phone issues and teaching people how to use technology
- Having trouble with your internet connection or need help setting one up?
- Need help with email or using the internet?
- I can help you get up to speed with a software application on your computer, tablet or phone. Many years experience with Microsoft and tons of other applications.
- Virus, malware and spyware removal.
- Need advice on what to buy? I find that Dell usually have the best options. I can configure an economical system to suit your needs exactly and then you order and purchase online. Why not wait till the one you want is on special? That’s what I do. Dell change their specials all the time so I have never had to wait long to the get the deal that’s right.
$60 per hour charged in 15 minute blocks.
Minimum charge is $30 if I visit you – this applies to areas within a 5 km radius of Surfers Paradise. (I may charge more to go further afield or if I have to pay for parking and will let you know in advance.)
If your technical fault is not fixed it’s free!
Call Karen on 0412 849 935
- WooCommerce – Great eCommerce software for creating online stores. It is the most popular eCommerce website software. Click for more info
- WooCommerce Bookings Plugin – Booking software for tour or accommodation providers or any service that recurrs and could be booked and paid for
- Rezdy – Booking software for tour operators that synchronises availability with major tourist websites and agencies
- Social Media Marketing – FaceBook and Instagram
- Always adding to Vitamin Inspector which keeps my C# programming skills honed
- Up to date research into software applications for multi-vendor market places. If you are thinking about the new Airbnb or Etsy please get in touch.
- Full stack developer
- Data and object design
- WordPress, WooCommerce, Photoshop
- Creating algorithms to solve intransigent business problems by modelling data and selecting, combining, modifying and applying mathematical methods and logic in the telecoms and health industries.
- If you have a project in mind please get in touch.
Custom websites achieving your business goals
- Smart responsive websites adapt to different screen sizes by stacking, hiding or rearranging automatically. This ensures users have a good experience using mobiles, tablets, laptops and desktop computers.
- Achieving business goals – My background as a business analyst and computer programming prior to web development, grounded in me the importance of designing for business goals.
- Honesty – If I believe that a website or other electronic solution is not the best way to achieve your goals, then I will tell you. Starting with a minimal viable product to test the market is often the best way for new projects.
- Responsive custom websites built quickly – Where possible, I use Divi by Elegant Themes because it is a very flexible WordPress template with great support and a broad range of native features that can be incorporated into websites easily.
Personalised consultation and flexibility
- Personalised consultation is essential to understanding your business in order to create an effective website.
- My hours of work and consultation are flexible (i.e. not always 9 to 5). This has helped customers with existing commitments during the day to get started on new projects.
20 years creating business software and websites
- Working in software since 1998, graduating in the year 2000 in London with First Class Honours in Computer Science while working for an international telecommunications software vendor.
- Designing and building software in the legal, telecoms, energy, financial and health sectors since 1998.
- Designing and building websites since 2003.
Karen has been our web designer since 2009. We have been on the front page of Google for our main chosen keywords for most of that time. The site has been the main source of advertising for our business. We very rarely spend money on other forms of advertising having found the results don’t compare with what the website produces. It has only needed one overhaul in all that time and has been a continual source of new business.
Karen was our web designer and internet marketing consultant at Bahia Beachfront Apartments in Surfers Paradise some years ago. After a brief settling in period where she gleaned knowledge of our business and marketing opportunities, she became instrumental in increasing our revenue dramatically. We were able to reduce commissions paid out and increase occupancy at the same time. We have used her services in other businesses since and have always had good results.